These are a great addition or main course to any dinner. My boyfriend said he can’t wait to make a meatball sandwich with the leftover meatballs (friggen non paleo eatin traitor). I used zucchini as the ‘pasta’ with these but I definitely will use spaghetti squash in the future. I also bought this random meatball cooker the day before that made these easy as pie to make.
- 2 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, chopped into small piece
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
Mix all ingredients together and shape them into golf ball size meatballs. Cook them until brown on each side in some coconut or olive oil, then transfer to a cooking dish and then bake for about 7-10 minutes until center is cooked through. While these are cooking prepare the creamy pesto.
- 2 cups packed tight with fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp seal salt
- 3-4 tablespoons of the thick part of canned coconut milk (after its refrigerated)
Combine all ingredients except coconut milk. When completely mixed up nice and smooth then add in the coconut milk one tbls at a time and this makes the pesto super light and creamy. It won’t taste like coconut! I promise!
When meatballs are cooked, put a dollop of pesto on top and serve with any vegetable. I am thinking mixing the pesto into spaghetti squash would be great but they were just perfect on their own too. I found this recipe from everyday paleo and it was Delish!