Even though this has no sugar and is a “sugar detox approved’ treat. This is definitely a dish I will make as a treat anytime. I am headed down to see my parents and niece this weekend and I am always trying to find dishes that would be good and healthy for her to eat, this is perfect! She loved the sweet potato brownies we made, so this can be another treat we can make together. I think she has the same sugar addiction I have! This was from the 21DSD book and is great!
* 4-5 granny smith green apples.
* 3 tsp Cinnamon
* 1 1/2 cups of Almond meal or Almond flour
* 1/4 cup of butter or coconut oil
* 1/2 lemon
Directions: (Preheat oven to 350)
1. Take your apples and peel and cut them into small pieces and add to a small bowl. Add about 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the apples and squeeze about 1/2 a lemon into the bowl. If you have pumpkin pie spice, you can use that too.
2. Take your almond meal and add 1 1/2 tsp or a tablespoon of cinnamon. Melt the butter or coconut oil and mix in with the almond meal.
3. Brush your casserole dish with a little coconut oil. Place your apples into a casserole dish or you can put them into individual ramikins. Cover evenly with the topping. Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes then bake an additional 20-25 minutes until the apples are soft and the topping begins to brown.
What a treat!