I know the hardest time for me when doing a food challenge is around 8pm at night when the sweet tooth starts to wake up. Doesn’t help we just got back from Hawaii and Joe brought home about a million boxes of chocolate covered Carmel macadamia nuts! Get them out of my house!!!
So I figured for the first week or so while the sweet tooth is strong, I will try a few dessert dishes and just keep the portions to a minimum.
This one is great! You can make with a crust, but I thought a light mousse would be a perfect night treat.
* 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk extra thick. Trader joes has a great one that is super thick. If you just get the regular then put in the fridge overnight so it’s hardened a bit.
* 2 tablespoons of sunflower seed butter (or the nut butter of your choice)
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 tablespoon on raw honey
* 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (I didn’t have any but I did have coconut nectar!)
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* sprinkle of enjoy life chocolate chips and sprinkle of shredded coconut to garnish
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and purée until well combined. (minus chips and coconut)
2. Place mousse ingredients into 4 ramekins and place in refrigerator for about 1-2 hours until set.
3. Sprinkle with coconut chips and coconut and enjoy your mousse!