We rarely have pork but when we were grocery shopping this week, there was a killer deal on these 2 big juicy pork chops. So I looked at a few recipes and this is the one I tweeked and it turned out SOOOO good! The pork was super tender and I think that’s why we rarely have pork because its usually so dry. Well, this folks… was juicy. Joe gave these a double thumbs up!
This recipe is good for 4 pork chops but I still used the same amounts for my 2 chops.
- 2 or 4 thick’ish cut pork chops
- 8 oz sliced crimini mushrooms
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms- not sure what those are called. Just use 2 different types of mushrooms
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1/2 tsp rosemary – can be dried or fresh rosemary
- 1/2 white onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or vegi broth)
1. Heat up a large’ish size frying pan with some olive oil. Season your pork chops with some salt and pepper on each side. Place your pork chops in the pan and cook till a nice sear on each side about 3-4 minutes. Take out of pan and set aside for a minute
2. Take your shallots, onion, and garlic and saute them together in the remaining oil from the pan. Do this about 3-4 minutes until transparent.
3. Add your rosemary and mushrooms and cook until tender, another 3- 4 minutes.
4. Place your pork chops back in the pan and add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth. Cook for another 10 minutes. Check the middle before you take them out so they arent pink inside.
5. Serve with the mushrooms on top and on the side along with some Cauliflower mashees and you are set!