This is so good! My friend Kyna turned me on to this and brought me a little container of it. This was from Civilized Caveman website. Loved it! I ate it like a trail mix kind of treat, but it’s great as cereal with a little almond milk on top… delish! Also the recipe makes a pretty decent sized batch so it will last you a while. This one is a must try!
UPDATE! Make sure to watch your granola to make sure it doesn’t burn! I have now heard of a few burned batches! After the first 10-15 minutes make sure to check!
*1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
*1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
*1 cup almond meal
*1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
*2 cups chopped or slivered almonds
*1/2 cup raw organic honey
*1/2 cup coconut oil
*2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
*1 tsp vanilla
* cinnamon to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
3. In a seperate bowl combine all the wet ingredients and microwave for about 30 seconds just so its easier to pour and mix together.
4. Once warm, pour slowly while stirring into your dry ingredients. Mix with a fork and make sure that everything is completely coated.
6. Place your mixture into a foil lined baking sheet. I put it all on one sheet, but there is a lot of this stuff, so you can easily use 2 baking sheets and fill them. Spread evenly and thin. Bake in over for about 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and stir around to make sure nothing burns. Put mixture into bowl, mix around and then return to the pans. Cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Remove and let cool. It taste better when its cold and also develops its crunchiness as it cools.
9. Eat as a trailmix (Can add in some raisins or currents) or pour some almond milk on it and have for breakfast.