Another winner! I am on a roll. This one is easy and would be great to make up the salsa ahead of time and bring to a BBQ on a nice summer day. This can really go over anything, and would probably be really good on some fish too!
* 1 lb Beef Flank Steak (I did a 1 1/2 lbs, smallest I could find!)
* Marinade of your choice. (I just marinated mine in a little soy sauce and honey, salt and pepper. yes I realize soy isnt 100% paleo, so marinate how you like!)
* 5-6 slices of pineapple. You can use canned pinapple, I had some fresh slices from good ol’ Trader Joes
* 1 large red bell pepper, diced
* 1/2 red onion, diced
* a big bunch of cilantro chopped up. I won’t say how much because the more the better in my opinion!
* Juice of one lime
I made the salsa first and then grilled my steak. I guess you could do either way, but if you do the steak first just make sure not to cut it for about 10 minutes.
1. Grill your pineapple rings or slices for about 2-3 minutes on each side until nice and tender
2. Cut the pineapple into small chuncks and place into medium sized bowl.
3. Add your diced red pepper, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix together and let sit while you cook your steak.
4. Grill your steak for about 5 minutes on one side, and then about 3 minutes on the other side. Mine was a tad bigger so I turned it over a few times.
5. Remove to a plate and let sit about 10 minutes. Slice into thin slices, add your pineapple salsa on top of your slices and enjoy!!
(UPDATE! If you have leftovers and aren’t super paleo strict… buy the pizza dough from Trader Joe’s and this makes a perfect leftover pizza. Just spread out the pizza dough, some pizza sauce, add the leftovers with the steak chopped up, and bake for 15 mins. Best leftover meal there is!)
(I hope you all enjoy my new and improved pictures of the meals…I was told they may sound delicious but some pics make the meals look like blobs of food!)