I am back! Day 1 of Whole 30 this time. I have been slacking on just about everything these past 6 months so it feels good to make a winning meal on Day 1. We now have wedding countdown at about 105 days so it’s time to get back in action!
This meal is amazing. Really easy and the flavor is so good, you can’t believe you are eating so healthy! I found from a post on Instagram when I was trying to figure out what to cook for my first meal (props to Krissyswhole30)
Middle Eastern Chicken Dish:
* 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken- cut into bite sized cubes
* 1 cup coconut milk (do not get light- to runny)
* 1 red onion
* 2 olive oil
* 2 tsp Paprika
* 1 tsp Cumin
* 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
* Zest and juice from one lemon
* 1 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 5 garlic cloves- minced
1. Mix up all the ingredients (besides chicken & onion) in a bowl as the marinade. After you cut the chicken into cubes, place into the marinade and put into the fridge for at least 6-7 hours. It’s a super quick mix- so you can do this in the morning or night before and pull out when you are ready to thread your chicken.
2. Cut the red onion into bite sized pieces and thread the chicken alternating with red onion onto skewers.
3. Preheat your BBQ. Grill chicken kebabs until cooked through and chicken is golden brown, turning occasionally. Serve with Middle Eastern Rice
* 3 cups ‘riced’ cauliflower – 1 large head of cauliflower (Put pieces of a full head of cauliflower into a food processor and chop till its nice and fine)
* 2 tbsp. Ghee (for cooking)
* 1/2 white onion, diced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1/2 tsp turmeric
* 1/2 tsp curry
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 10 dried apricots, chopped
* 1/4 cup toasted chopped almonds
* 1/4 cup raisins
1. Heat Ghee in a large pan. Add onions and cook until transparent. Add garlic and spices and cook until fragrant- about 1 minute.
2. Add cauliflower rice and stir fry about 3-5 minutes.
3. Stir in fruit and nuts and toss until entire dish is heated.
4. Taste and eat!!