I learned how to make paleo mayo! I tried before and it came out super runny and gross but I used olive oil. This time I found some avocado oil at Costco and it turned out perfectly. So I have a feeling I will be making this mayo again for quite a few things.
This dish is super easy and tastes really bad for you, but it’s actually really healthy and delicious! I am putting this over lettuce while Joe is making it into a chicken salad sandwich. I’m pretty excited about this dish since it came out just like the ones you buy at a grocery store.
Ingredients for mayonnaise:
* 1/2 cup avocado oil
* 2 egg yolks
* 1/2 of a lemon juice
* tsp salt dash of pepper
* tsp chipotle sauce
* dash of onion powder.
Ingredients for chicken salad
*one of those rotisserie chickens from any grocery store
* 4 celery stalks chopped up
* 1/2 white onion chopped
1. Mix the 2 egg yolks and 1/2 lemon juice in a food processor. When that is combined then slowly add the avocado oil about a tablespoon at a time. It will magically thicken up. Add the remaining spices and chipotle sauce. Taste and add more salt/pepper to you liking.
2. Take your rotisserie chicken and shred all the meat on the chicken into a large bowl.
3. Chop your onions and celery into small pieces and add to the chicken.
4. Combine your mayo with the chicken mixture and stir around until completely mixed in.
That’s it! This is really great on a bed of lettuce with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar or if you eat bread (ahhhhhh bread) then makes the perfect chicken salad sandwich. Makes a good amount too so great for leftover lunches.