Who says eating healthy is boring? Well I pulled out this waffle maker that I bought last year at Macy’s for their Black Friday sale, and I think I used it once in a year! But it was $10! How do you NOT buy it?
I have messed up so many pancake recipes in the past I figured as long as the batter is thick enough, I think this will work. It did and it was great!
This recipe is made one full size waffle and one mini one, so you would need to add just a bit more if you were making 2. Probably another egg and tsp of coconut flour.
* 1 banana (green tipped if your doing the sugar detox like I am)
* 3 eggs
* 2 tablespoons coconut flour
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* pinch of baking soda and pinch of salt
* 1 green apple
* 1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning (or just cinnamon)
1. Cut your apple into small pieces (no skin) and put in a small baking dish. Add the cinnamon and mix around. Bake this for about 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. While your apples are baking, put all other ingredients into a small food processor or bullet and mix until creamy. If its too liquidy, just add a little more coconut flour.
3. Pour batter into waffle maker!
I topped my waffles with a little warmed up coconut butter and then the apples. Perfect breakfast that’s super healthy and looks beautiful!