These look almost too good to eat. (But I will). Funny thing is I am not eating any sugar at the moment (Engagement photos are Nov 24th, so trying to get a skinny face). So Joe is forced to try all these goodies and then whoever comes by or wherever I go, I bring with!
Pretty easy to make, gluten free, and DELICIOUS! Again, these are a treat, so Paleo Police- back off. 🙂
** See Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies for bottom layer
* Can of Coconut Cream (Trader Joes)
* 1-2 tbsp. honey
* 1 tbsp. sunflower seed butter
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
* 1 tbsp. coconut oil
1. Make your chocolate chip cookie batter and place inside muffin tins. Definitely either use silicon muffin tins or put a little non stick inside each cup.
2. Fill the tin up about 1/2 way with the cookie batter and bake for about 10-11 minutes at 350F. As soon as these are done, press them down so they are flat in the pan and put them in the freezer.
3. To make the Coconut Cream, put the entire can of coconut cream into a food processor. Add the honey, sunflower seed butter, and vanilla extract. Put this mixture in the refrigerator while your cookie is cooling.
4. After about a half hour, place about a tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake. Make sure there is still enough room on the top for the chocolate. Again, put back in the freezer, but this time for about an hour until the crème is hard.
5. Take your cup of chocolate chips & coconut oil and melt them together in either a double boiler or microwave. Spoon the chocolate onto the tops of the cookie cream mixture until the top is completely covered with chocolate.
6. Freeze these again for about 20-30 minutes and then they are good to go!
Enjoy!! When you bite into them, the cookie is somewhat soft with the hard chocolate top, and the squishy cream center. OMG SO GOOD!