Time for some crockpot meals! I think the easiest meal to think of when using a crockpot is Chili. And remarkably enough, I have never made paleo chili! I think I honestly don’t need to call it ‘paleo’ chili. Just don’t put beans in and there you go! I made this recipe off a combination off Robb Wolf’s chili and then my own touches to make it “Kari’s Killer Chili”.
And what do you think of when you have chili? Corn bread of course! Well, since both of those words… corn and bread… are pretty much anti paleo, this isn’t exactly like the one mom makes, but at least you get a nice fluffy side you can dip into your chili while you eat. I mean smother with some butter and honey, who knows the difference?!
Ingredients for Chili:
*2lbs lean ground beef
*2 Medium onions, chopped
*1 green and 1 red bell pepper, chopped
*2 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes
*1 14 oz can of tomato sauce
*1 cup brewed coffee (can substitute with beef broth if you want)
*5-7 garlic cloves
*2 T chili powder, 2T cumin, 1T oregano, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp onion powder, 2tsp pumpkin pie seasoning, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp sea salt
1. Saute your onions and pepper in about 1T of coconut oil. After about 5 minutes add your chopped garlic and ground beef. When that is nice and browned, transfer to your crock pot.
2. Add your tomato sauce and diced tomatoes along with all the seasonings and cook on high for about an hour, then low for the next 4-5 hours.
If you are not paleo, serve with some grated cheese and chopped green onions on top. If paleo, serve with green onions!
Paleo Corn Bread Ingredients:
*1/2 cup Almond Flour
*1/4 cup Coconut Flour
*1/2 tsp sea salt
*1/2 tsp Baking Soda
* 2 T Ghee, melted
*2 T Honey
*2 T Coconut Oil, melted
*1/2 cup Almond Milk
1. Either line a baking dish or grease well and preheat your oven to 325F.
2. Blend all the dry ingredients together in a bowl or your food processor
3. Add all the wet ingredients and blend well.
4. Pour the batter into the greased dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes or if you insert a fork or knife, it comes out clean.
Slice up into perfect portions to eat with your chili and you are good to go!