Zucchini boats! Yum! I haven’t posted many recipes on here lately because I’ve actually been using a ton that I have already created that are on this blog. So here’s. little something new and easy that’s very simple to whip up.
*6 large zucchini’s (depends on how many you are feeding. 2 per person seems good)
*1 lb ground beef
*1 cup chopped mushrooms
*1/2 red onion chopped fine
*1-2 cloves of garlic
*low sugar spaghetti sauce
*Some oregano, salt and pepper
1. Start by chopping your vegetables and sauté them in a little olive oil.
2. With a melon ball scooper, take out the insides of the zucchini’s. I cut a small slice on one side and then scoop from there. Chop up all of the insides and add to the sauté pan. Add oregano and some salt and pepper.
3. While veggie’s are cooking, add in your ground beef and cook until done. Drain any of the excess fluid.
4. Add about a cup of the spaghetti sauce to the mixture and let simmer.
5. If you want your zucchini boats to be a little softer, then you would put then into boiling water for about 2 mins. I didn’t and they came out a little crunchier which was still delicious.
6. Now fill your zucchini boats with the mixture and put inside a casserole dish. Top with more of the spaghetti sauce and bake for about 15-20 mins at 350.
7. Serve with a quick side salad and you’ve got yourself a great meal!
I’m thinking this can be done more Mexican style too, ground beef with seasoning, salsa on top, etc. I’ll try that way next. Enjoy!