I think when I am on these kind of diets, I end up cooking so much more then when I am just doing some regular eating routine. I think because NOTHING is quick, so I always feel like I am in the kitchen. There is no easy snack or meal when you are not having anything processed so days off, what do I do… cook! I also don’t want to be starving and there is nothing around to eat then I eat some crap food on accident! I am also pretty stoked about cooking though because my soon to be Mother in Law got me a full set of All Clad pots and pans for Christmas. Talk about a awesome present! Those are my dream pots. Did you all know they come in individual black satin bags? Yeah, pretty fancy. So love her, love my pans, happy girl.
Okay, so saw this from Civilized Caveman, which was featured on the Sugar Detox FB site. So its in the oven right now, waiting for me to try it. But I couldnt stop licking the batter off the spoons, so I have a feeling this is going to be good. Whenever I made breads of anykind it seems like I use a ton of Almond meal, but this one has none. You could add some things to this to make it really yummy, like nuts or blueberries, or chocolate chunks would be amazzzing. For now, just strict banana bread. There are no sweeteners at all in this, except the banana- which I used not quite ripe ones too.
* 4 banana’s. For sugar detox- use banana’s that arent quite ripe.
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup of any kind of nut butter. I used sunflower seed butter- because its amazing.
* 1 tbls cinnamon
* 4 tbls grass fed butter (melted) Or coconut oil
* 1/2 cup of coconut flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* pinch of salt
1. Mix all your wet ingrients together in a food processor or with a hand mixer (Bananas, butter, nut butter, eggs, vanilla)
2. Combine your coconut flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, and salt together in the mixer. Combine until nice and creamy.
3. Grease a bread pan 9×5 with butter or coconut oil and pour the ingredients in the pan.
4. Cook at 350 for about 45-50 minutes. Check after 40 minutes with a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
5. Slice up and enjoy with butter, honey (not I!), or plain!